Disk Enclosures
1752402 Members
5596 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VA7400: Created LUNs, but cannot see the 'odd' disks.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kazeem Adio

VA7400: Created LUNs, but cannot see the 'odd' disks.

Please help someone.

We are migrating from FC60 to VA7400.
The new VA is wired up to the (N-Class) host machine. We just created 13 LUNs that we need.
On doing an "ioscan", we can only see the even disks 0, 2, 4, 6.

What has happened?
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Please attach this 'ioscan -fn' output, 'armdsp -a' output, 'tdutil /dev/tdX' outputs for both HBAs
Eugeny
Tim D Fulford
Honored Contributor
Solution

I'm Kazeem collegue and will promt him to assign points!

What happened was that the VA arrived from the factory. For some reason the security was locked down on controller 2 (which is where we created the odd LUNS)

I would have normally thought that if security on Ctl2 was so tight it would not show the LUN to the host ypu would not be able to create it. (seems logicalk to me) However, we were able to do the LUN create with out any problems.

The FIX!!
HP had to totally re-install the VA firmware etc to disable the security on Ctl2.

Morale, get your VA's after they have been through HP centre where this "feature" is removed as standard!

Tim
-
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Tim, Kazeem,
if you would return here earlier then you may hear one more opinion... Reinstalling (upgrading) firmware is not so remarkable (but important) action - data will be saved and it's good to have firmwares up-to-date.
Please let us know which actions were taken during troubleshooting process - did you try to reset security from M/C2 virtual front panel (secure -R)?
Eugeny