5886 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VA7400 Secure manager

aliasgar
Valued Contributor

VA7400 Secure manager

Hello,
I have three HP9000 servers connected to VA7400 via HP 16 port fibre switches,VA7400 has secure manager enabled for 3TB space when i am adding entries for secure table while discovering host with default/wwn option i am unable to see all the three hosts name /hosts WWN entries ,i can only see hostname /WWN entries for the current hosts from where i am executing GUI baesd commandview ,is this the normal way ,if not can anyone help me out in this issue.

Thanks/regards,
Aliasgar.
aliasgar
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Aliasgar,
- check if VA really has licence activated (armfeature -r);
- issue 'armsecure -r' command to see if VA has THE SAME security table you downloaded;
- check if you have at least HP16 firmware on VA. With old firmware (I think prior HP13) VA needs to be reset (partially or fully) for new security table to take effect;
- as soon as you mentioned switches make sure they have no zoning denying server access from ports servers are connected to;
- attach 'armdsp -a' output to your next reply for me to check VA
Eugeny
aliasgar
Valued Contributor

Hello ,

The solution still not worked .

Thanks/Regards,
Aliasgar.
aliasgar
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

1. You will not receive help because you do not follow advices (not attaching logs/diag outputs) and not providing more data (check status/results)
2. Could you please assign points to answers?
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/TopSolutions/1,,BR151890!1!questions,00.html
You have assigned points to only 4% of all responces
Eugeny
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Aliagar,
I am ungracious, but honest. We will not be able to help you if you'll not help us to do it :o)
Thanks for your understanding
Eugeny
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

I've seen CommandView do this before... I do not know if they have fixed it in the latest revision.

I think you should go and open a trouble ticket on this, and see what Support has to say about it.

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.