Disk Enclosures
1753824 Members
9413 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VA7410 Question

RC Smith_1

VA7410 Question

I currently have a VA7410 with 9x146GB drives, and 1x36GB drive. I have the array hooked directly up to a terminal. I am trying to get the drives to format into 520 block size. I use the format command and the drives appear to be formatting. They are all showing formatting when I look at the dsp -d. After the formatting is done the 36GB drive is shown as included and in 520block size, but all of the 146GB drives are shown still in 512 block size and unusable. Any idea why this might be happening? Any guidence would be very helpful. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

please post a

# armdsp -a

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

First of all, you need a current firmware (A140) and a current commandview (01.09.02). It's recommended to let HP do the upgrade, even since you can download the files from the internet. Be aware the disk format takes about 90 minutes to complete. The format command formats the array "file" structure, not the disks (no block conversion - deletes all data). Remove the disks, set "auto include" and "auto format" to true and re-insert the disks, one by one. Be patient.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!