108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCS 3.110 + Awful HP Outsourcing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

> So what's the secret with posting the address?

No secrecy intended... I was just thinking that maybe there was good reason that 4.007 got pulled from the download site.

See what you're saying though, and as the original poster obviously knows what he's doing...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL18508/co-47897-1/EVA_GL_Controller_Firmware_v4007.zip

Cheers,

Rob
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Thank You %*)))

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
SeanAmicus ITS
Advisor

My faith in HP has been restored.

I have had a quite interesting conversation with a Service Delivery Manager from deep within HP land who wrote the Ops guide for ABSP engagement.

The guide has been updated and includes lines of engagement for the partners and HP Direct Technical Services with regards to existing EVA deployments.

Although I still consider that the channel has capability to successfull carry out upgrade work on VCS and XCS controller codes as what was the case in DEC and CPQ days.

The channel partners have depth in knowledge of things non HP.

HP need to shape up their post implementation support for the partners and allow direct access to third line support.

ABSP stipulates that you must have a minimum of two Master ASE onboard to deliver your disapline.

The pre-sales engagment has been sorted out.

It nice to know that senior managers do read this occasionally and pick up the phone and reach out :-)

A happy partner means a happy customer.....

Thanks everyone....
Don't believe the hype, test it first!
BDB_1

Hello @,

I fully understand what you are saying, I worked at HP from 2000 till 2006 as a contractor.

When I started, evrything was fine. Thsi happend after the merge with Compaq.

They made me work 12 hours a day without payin it.

On top, I had to do standby for 30 procent of what I used to have before. Working +90 Hours a week. Before like 50 hours.

Managment kept saying this was not there problem because I was only a contractor. My boss did not have anything to say, he would lose his contract. Now a few years later his company has only 2 fron the 15 people left.

This all caused by HP working in a "LEGAL" way ...

SeanAmicus ITS
Advisor

It's Jan 2010 and things have moved on.

HP are moving slowly in the right way.

Although support to the ABSP/ PSP community could be improved.

The EVA range of disk arrays need to inherit some of the lefthand features FOC to stay viable.
Don't believe the hype, test it first!