Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Disk Arrays
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Array 7100

Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Virtual Array 7100

Hi,
Can someone please advice if Red Hat Linux version 7.2 can support VA7100 (virtual array). There is about six disk on the array and is link to a rp4610 model server. The problem is, it don't seems to see all the luns that is created, example if I created two luns, I can only see one during the pre-system check before the Red Hat Linux boots up.

Regards
Vincent

P.S.This thread has been moved from MPE/iX>Printers/Spooler Management to Storage > Disk > Disk Array- HP Forums Moderator

nothing is better than to know more
3 REPLIES
Eric Sorensen_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Virtual Array 7100

Hello Vincent,

This forum is for MPE and issues related to MPE. You might find an answer in the Linux or storage forums.

The "drivers and download" page for the VA7100 offers software for Linux 7.1, but not for 7.2:
http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swindex.pl?p=hpsurestor30307&l=en&c=Software
A problem well defined is half solved.
Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the Info, but now assuming that I have a total capacity size of 350GB avaliable, why I can only create 1 Lun of 250GB, can you advice is this normal and where is the rest of the disk space.

Regards
Vincent
nothing is better than to know more
Eric Sorensen_1
Honored Contributor

Hello Vincent,

I suggest you post your question in the "storage" forum.
A problem well defined is half solved.