Disk Enclosures
1752812 Members
5879 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: W2K Adv Server doesn't recognize HP NetRAID-1 (not Si)

Wayne Maranduik
Occasional Contributor

W2K Adv Server doesn't recognize HP NetRAID-1 (not Si)

on the initial install of W2K Adv Server, the operating system doesn't see my HP NetRAID-1 controller card and external array. What do I have to do to make W2K see my card?? are there W2K drivers or firmware upgrade that I need?? Step by step instructions would be great, this is a time sensitive issue.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Fred Yarbrough

Wayne,
Did you ever get the Windows 2000 NetRAID-1 driver? I am having the same problem. I am trying to install Windows 2000 on a HP LH Pro server that uses the NetRAID-1 controller and the OS will not come up because it cannot find the NetRAID controller.

I had saw several posts that you had earlier and tried to find the software but they were for the Monitoring software or something. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fred Yarbrough
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

The NetRAID-1 controller is not supported by HP in win2k. There are no drivers available for it. You can try and use the standard NetRAID driver, which is used for most of the other controllers, and see if that will work for you.
Dnack
Occasional Advisor

Are you refering to Netraid 1M?

Don't know if that helps

from the navigator CD, create a NOS diskette for the server that you are using.

when the initial of installing win2k press F6 to indicate the 3rd party netraid card and install the driver for 1M.

hope it helps