5695 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

What is the difference between EVA controllers with P/N AD525A & AD525B

Yaboto
Super Advisor

What is the difference between EVA controllers with P/N AD525A & AD525B

Hi,

Can someone tell me if there is any difference between the two following EVA controllers with the following P/N AD525A and AD525B ?

If a controller with P/N AD525A failed in the EVA storage, can I use a new controller with P/N AD525B to replace it ?

Can a master controller with P/N AD525A UPDATEOTHER new secondary controller with P/N AD525B as a slave ?

Are they compatible ?

Regards,
Mawuena
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: What is the difference between EVA controllers with P/N AD525A & AD525B

Hi,

A bit of Googling around shows that both those part numbers are for the EVA controller assembly, ie a pair of controllers, rather than a single HSV controller.

There should be a spares number on your faulty controller. Try comparing that with the one on the replacement...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob

Hi Mawuena,

Well, there is actually a difference.

PN AD525A is for HSV200 controller which is 2GBPS.

PN AD525B is for HSV200-A controller which is for 4GBPS.

They are not intercompatible with each other... can not use both in same EVA.

Hope this resolves any confusions you had!
Yaboto
Super Advisor

Thanks for your replies !

HP has just told me that I can only find the AD525A as refurbished. I got a dealer who is now tell me that I should get the AD525C which is the latest updated version of the AD525A. I told the dealer that I need to confirm this.

Can I use the AD525C as a replacement for the AD525C ?

Best Regards,
Berag
KurtG
Regular Advisor

Generally there are a lot of hardware revisions on the different controller versions avaliable. For instant I have a EVA6000 customer who replaced one of the controllers due to controller failure... Seemed to work (no failures or indications of incompability) but if you do a more in dept analysis of the configuration the two controller where not designet to work as a controller team.

It is very difficult for a "none HP person" to find this kind of information but as Rob Leadbeater commented there might be valid information if you compare the spare part numbers. However I'm pretty sure that you must compare all sparepart numbers on all parts if you buy a complete spare controller.

KurtG