108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows default Shared of iSCSI Disks

meekrob
Super Advisor

Windows default Shared of iSCSI Disks

Hi All

Please help me.

I have created 13 iSCSI Disques less then 1TB each one on an MSA2012i. Presenting these disques to an inititor blade serveur running Win2003. I create a folder on one of last 3 disks and sharing it (All iSCSI disks < 1TB).

I don't know what happen but if i restart Windows and become up again, this shared is ignored. The default Administrative shared of these last 3 drives (X$) is disappered also. Folders on these last 3 drives have this symptomes.
Folders on the first 10 drives don't have any problem and the sharing persiste after all reboots.

Log file on startup windows is attached.Please look on.

Some one have an idea?

THX.
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows default Shared of iSCSI Disks

Does this help?

MSKB870964 - File shares on iSCSI devices may not be re-created when you restart the computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870964
meekrob
Super Advisor

Hi Uwe Zessin

I did what described in this thread on technet site but when restarting server, all 13 disks now including the C:\ drive ignored the sharing on all shared folder. When sharing a folder on any drive, we can't access it from network.

Any idea please?

THX.
meekrob
Super Advisor

Please Note:

I use MSiSCSI version 2.08 with Windows 2003 server SP2.

Best regards,

meekrob
Super Advisor

Hi All

I tried all what i know on HP&Microsoft Product. New Windows installation and presentation. The problem persiste and i can't see the the shared on the iscsi disks after restarting the server.

Please Help Me!