108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

XCS 5.110 to XCS 6.100 upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

XCS 5.110 to XCS 6.100 upgrade

Ok. I got the file from the previous post. Performing the upgrade went smoothly. However, after the EVA 6000 came back online and manageable by Command View EVA, it shows all of the disk drives as unmappable and none of the enclosures is listed under Rack 1. I'm wondering if there was supposed to be a cabling change associated with this upgrade that I didn't see mentioned in the sporadic documents I found. (According to HP, it's required going from VCS 3.110 to 4.110 on the EVA 5000s we have, which is why they are required to do those, I guess.) The cables from the enclosures to the loop switch in our other EVA 6000s that are already at 6.110 have whitish connectors. The cables in this one are all black. Part numbers don't match either. Anyone remember back to doing these that can shed some light on this?
--
Jeff Traigle
14 REPLIES 14
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Re: XCS 5.110 to XCS 6.100 upgrade

Hello Jeff,

Its quite normal that right after a firmware upgrade the hardware will appear in the unmappable hardware folder.

This happens because the IO modules is still being updated - and after at while all will appear normal.

No cabling change is needed - this was only when going from VCS 3 to 4 (active/passive to active/active)

Regards
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The firmware upgrade on the EMUs is/was probably still running... If you look at the back of the EVA you'll see the EMUs counting up from 01 to 99 as they load their new code, before going back to the normal shelf position number...

Cheers,

Rob
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

How long is "a while"? It's been nearly 1.5 hours. The EMUs look normal, displaying the enclosure IDs.
--
Jeff Traigle
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

Guess I should also mention this is Command View EVA v9.1 in case that might be part of the issue.
--
Jeff Traigle
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Have you tried doing a Refresh on the EVA ? (mark eva in command view and press refresh)

I've seen that it does not update by it self.

Regards
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

Yep. Noticed that after sending the previous two replies. Even after the refresh, still shows all the drives as unmappable, however.
--
Jeff Traigle
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Are the EMU displaying the shelf number now ?

Are LED 3 on the EMU displaying anything ? (1+2 should be green and the third is fault led)

Regards
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

EMUs are displaying shelf/enclosure number.

No fault light. Heartbeat light is flashing green. Power light is green.
--
Jeff Traigle
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Thats strange..

Do you see anything usefull in the Controller Events ?

Regards