New Discussion юеВ

Re: XCS v6 and CV v5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

XCS v6 and CV v5

Hello,

I have an EVA8000 with XCS V6.0 But I do not have CommandView EVA Version 6.0 . How can I initialize this EVA with CV 5? Is it possible to downgrade XCS to another version without CV? This is an urgent case please advice what should I do? I cannot wait until monday and purchase CV version 6.

Alireza
5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ah, yes. I can feel your pain, beleive me...

Go to your storage management server and copy the contents of the folder subtree
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\HSV200V500

to:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\HSV200V600

This should allow you to downgrade the XCS firmware V5.110
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Uwe,

This EVA is an uninitialized system. CV 5 can detect it however when I click on the uninitilized system I got the attached error. Do you think your soultion will solve the problem? I will test it tomorrow morning.

Alireza
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Yes, that is the same error I saw and copying the sub-folder allowed me to talk to the controllers and downgrade the firmware to XCS V5.110.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Ah, wait: you wrote you have an EVA8000, so I think you need to copy HSV210V500 to HSV210V600. Sorry, missed it when I wrote my resonse - I just copied my note which deals with a HSV200.
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Uwe.