4138 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

XP Raid Manager - pairresync question

Derek Brown
Frequent Advisor

XP Raid Manager - pairresync question

Hi guys,

I think the answer to my question is a straight yes or no, but any extra info I can garner from you would be good.

We've set up 2 business copies i.e. the same set of P-VOLs is being copied to two different sets of S-VOLS and this is working very well. My question is this, assuming the BC's are Split, does it matter if you kick off a Merge (pairresync) of BOTH BCs at the same time ?

I'm asking because the source data for both sets of copies is the same and I'm wondering if it will get itself upset about copying to two different locations at the same time ? or is it simply the case that you can do it but it may take a little longer because of I/O contention.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Re: XP Raid Manager - pairresync question

Derek,

I'm thinking that the XP would always maintain a set of bitmaps for *each* SVOL, and therefore syncing the 2 at the same time would not be a problem (as you said it might take slightly longer)

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Nigel Poulton
Respected Contributor

The answer to your question is "No".

The XP will cope with this. If something like this were able to confuse the XP and corrupt data then nobody would buy XPs and they would be considered the worst storage arrays on the market. Clearly they are not ;-)

Always worth checking though ;-)
Talk about the XP and EVA @ http://blog.nigelpoulton.com
ks6542
Valued Contributor

It is possible without any problem,it just may took bit long time..
Derek Brown
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for all help. My question is answered.