108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

XP12000 BC/CA license usage

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marek Smejkal
Frequent Advisor

XP12000 BC/CA license usage

Dears, is there any tool showing usage of the installed licenses for BC or CA?
Thank you Marek
4 REPLIES 4
S.Arunkumar
Trusted Contributor

Re: XP12000 BC/CA license usage

Hi Marek,

Is your question is how to know whether BC/CA is licenses installed in a XP ?

If it is the case you can see these Options are enabled during LUN allocation thro Command View or Remote WEB console.

If i havenot cleared your doubt please explain your question again

Regards
S.Arunkumar
Marek Smejkal
Frequent Advisor

No, my question is if I have 1TB BC license installed, which I can see in CV, is there any other view or tool to see I am using for example 50% having 500GB BC configured?
S.Arunkumar
Trusted Contributor
Solution

ok..

Now if you go to the BC screen.You can find the LUN details as follows.

Please see the atached

Used capacity is defined as the total capacity of all logical volumes that are either Local Copy P-Vols (BC source) or S-Vols (BC copy). This amount represents the true usable capacity of these volumes corresponding with the configured LDEV sizes (i.e. it excludes RAID mirroring overhead).
Example: Based upon their total storage need, a customer requires a 5 TB raw capacity XP Disk Array. The customer also requires Business Copy XP for the purpose of online backup and application testing. For their solution, they determine that they will mirror 70 LUNs of equal LDEV size, with one copy each for the first 30 LUNs and two copies each for the other 40 LUNs. Each LUN LDEV is roughly 14.5 GB in size. Each source LUN is a P-Vol and each copy LUN is an S-Vol. The customer must purchase license capacity to cover all LUNs being managed as a Business Copy XP P-Vol or S-Vol. In this case, the total used capacity would be calculated at follows:
├в ┬в Used Capacity = P-Vol (source) LUNs + S-Vols (copy) LUNs = 70 x 14.5-GB + 1 x 30 x 14.5-GB + 2 x 40 x 14.5-GB = 1,015 GB + 1,595 GB = 2,610 GB. Rounded to the next highest TB: 3 TB used capacity

The same way you can calculate for your environment.Please see the attached.

Regards
S.Arunkumar
Marek Smejkal
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, XP12000 is little bit different, but info in the attachment helps me for XP1024.

Marek