3912 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

XP24k/20k business copy restores

Bill Maniates
Occasional Contributor

XP24k/20k business copy restores

All,
We are seeing very lousy performance for BC snapshot restores. Currently it takes about 5 hours to restore 300gb of data from snapshot. It looks like there are options to do a quick restore, but the documentation is pretty vauge. Here is the CLI we use to perform the restore:
pairresync -g -IBC0 -fq normal -restore -c 15

Has anyone used the -fq quick option?

Thanks,
Bill
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Callahan
Valued Contributor

Re: XP24k/20k business copy restores

I have never used the -fq option, mostly because I've never had to. I've done over 300GB snapshot restores in much less than 5 hours. If I remember correctly, about 550GB took less than an hour.

What are the stats on your XP? How much cache/shared memory/size and speed of disks/ Size of V-VOL's

Are you using CLPR at all?

I can run some tests on our 24K today, but would need some more info. How much data change has occurred since the snapshot? How old is the snapshot? How big is your VVOL you are using?
Bill Maniates
Occasional Contributor

Re: XP24k/20k business copy restores

The XP20K in question is at our DR site so it is mostly unused, which is why our testing team uses it. We have 32GB of cache and 14GB of shared memory. We use 27 x 300GB V-vols, with a pool of 1TB of space. The physical spindles are 400gb 10k drives. Each testing cycle changes ~350gb of data. Accorfding to perf monitor, neither cache or DKA is greater that 30%, so I do not think we have a hardware bottleneck.
Thanks,
Bill