New Discussion юеВ

XP512 Disk Number Limit

SOLVED
Go to solution
ALe_3
Frequent Advisor

XP512 Disk Number Limit

Hello to Everybody,

We have an XP512 whose Raid Manager version is 1.16.05 (quite obsolete!!). Actually there is a volume group under BC and the vg is composed of 34 disks. The vg will grow in disks and we have the doubt that we are reaching the maximum number of disks, composing a vg, that can be backed up with the BC. Is there an HP document that could tell me what is this limit? Or can somebody tell me something about this?

Thank you very much
ALe
3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Re: XP512 Disk Number Limit

Are you asking whether you will reach a limit in terms of your VG configuration? You can see the maximum number of LUNs you can have in a VG by running:

vgdisplay

and looking at the 'Max PV' value.

Or are yiu concerned that your will run out of Business Copy capacity for the licenses you currently have. Business copy licenses work on the principle that if I have 1TB of data in 10 * 100GB LUNs then in order to create a business copy of all that to another 10 * 100GB LUNs I must have 2TB worth of business copy licenses installed on my array...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
ALe_3
Frequent Advisor

Hi Duncan,

We were concerned about the BC capacity and not about VG configuration.

We thought that there was a limit on the maximum number of BC Volume Pairs that could be created.

But if you confirm that there is only a limit depending on the data amount and we can overcome this limit by buying some licenses, that's fine :))

Thanks
ALe
ALe_3
Frequent Advisor

:))