4745 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XP512, Red Hat Linux & QLogic

David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Joseph,

I'm still working on this. If I can get anything significant, I will post it. However, I do find it interesting that IBM shows a similar policy in it's support:

http://ssddom02.storage.ibm.com/hba/hba_support.pdf

Dave
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

You should talk with your Salesperson or Solutions Architect (Technical Consultant) about finding out for you why that configuration is not supported. Be prepared for it to take a while - that information is not commonly known, and there's little reason to distribute it - so it can take a bit more than a 10-minute phone call sometimes.

I hope you realize that it's very hard to keep up with Linux. Support means a lot - it means it's been tested, people trained, documents prepared and distributed, etc. It sometimes takes a while for some hardware to get certified in every configuration. Everything has to be done on a priority list, too.

I hope you can be patient - I'm sure it will be supported eventually. Maybe even next week? Who knows when, but eventually.

Meanwhile, if you need certified configurations... Can I interest you in a nice rp5470? ;-}

Good luck!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Joseph Vrankovic
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the dialogue gentlemen.