1752518 Members
5260 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

XP512 SIM Monitoring

Bosco Tsang
Valued Contributor

XP512 SIM Monitoring

Why when there is SIM (message light is yellow) and the box dialed home, the SIM is not being forwarded to the remote console? This is not the first time it happens. I have checked the remote console and found that the SIM is empty (while there are lots of entries in teh SVP). The remote console is always on, and the hp256sv service is running. Any idea how to fix it?
3 REPLIES 3
Bosco Tsang
Valued Contributor

Re: XP512 SIM Monitoring

A clarification on my original posting ...I have 2 remote consoles running, one for XP256, and the other for XP512. The XP256 ones have an icon with cyan color. The problem is the one with XP512 where the R-SIM seems do not pickup. The log is empty although there is already a few incidents. Anywhere I should check for this problem?
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Did you setup the SNMP monitoring on the SVP? You have to tell it where to send traps. Give it the IP address of the management station.

Of course, modifying the SVP is not something HP wants you to do. You should have an ASE do this for you.

Good luck!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Bosco Tsang
Valued Contributor

Yes, according to our HPCE, he had already entered the required information on the SVP. Anyway, have booked him to come and check it next week. Just wonder if anyone have any light before then?

Yes, due to the SVP crashed issue, we have manually rebooted the laptop ...and of course, got complain from the Respond Center that someone had touched the SVP. So, now we learnt that even if it crash, we never touch it!