4046 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

additional disk space on a LH3 with an integrated NetRaid controller

Dave_383
Advisor

additional disk space on a LH3 with an integrated NetRaid controller

Dear all,

I have an LH3 which is currently running SCO Unix 5.0.5 with RAID 5 of 3*9.1GB hard disk, I would now like to add another 3*36GB RAID5 disk space but when I slot in the harddisk and go to the NetRaid controller utility, I am able to see the harddisk and configure them for RAID 5 but when I try to save the configuration a get the following error message"This config-8 cannot be migrated to config-4 press any key to continue, error writting configuration", I have also upgraded the firmware and BIOS to 4.06.43PL, Please kindly assist.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Alicia White
Esteemed Contributor

Re: additional disk space on a LH3 with an integrated NetRaid controller

How are you trying to add the additional RAID5 array? Which utility are you using?

Are you using NetRAID Express Tools (press control M during POST to use this), or are you using the NetRAID Assistant on the Navigator CD?

The most user friendly tool is the NetRAID Assistant on the Navigator CD. Just boot to the CD and go to the Tool box, look for "Disk Array Configuration utility." Then, you can start the Configuration Wizard to create the new array.

I hope this helps,

Alicia
Dave_383
Advisor

Re: additional disk space on a LH3 with an integrated NetRaid controller

I acctuall sorted out the problem over the weekend, what I did was, since the initial harddisks were in slots 3,8,and 9 I moved them to slot 0,1,and 2 and the newer 36GB harddisks were sloted in 3,8,and 9 then using the M utility cleared the configuration and added a new arrary with the initial harddisks without initializing the did the same with the new harddisks but had to initialize the array, and the problem was sorted.

Thanks