Disk Enclosures
1751921 Members
4937 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: armmgr -V How to check which Volume Set Revision is currently set ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor

armmgr -V How to check which Volume Set Revision is currently set ?

Hi Folks,

we were upgrading our lab FW (va7400) to HP18, and as part of the procedure (I know it's not really something we should do our own, but we're trying to share the load with HP since we have lots of these arrays around) we should run at the end an armmgr -V 2 to set the volume set revision to 2. Now this command does not work with CommandView 1.06 (as per HP caveats) so that a vfpmgr -V 2 is suggested from the serial.
I'm not really nearby the unit so that I was trying to verify if the that value was already set to 2. Consider we're moving from HP16 for one the boxes, so that I'm guessing it should already be set to 2 but for the other one I'm moving from HP13 where probably it was set to 1. On the man page for the armmgr I see that this value should be "set automatically by the armdownload command".

Could you help me with this ? By the way, what is this value effectively intended to ?

Thanks !

Mike
2 REPLIES 2
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Mike,
just follow procedure. I was upgrading VA from HP16 to HP18 and ran this command... nothing wrong has happened. I guess it does not proceed if its checks show that VSR is already =2.
Maybe someone from VA developers will come here and tell us how to check VSR. I did not find how.
One note about armdownload command. I think as soon as it's stated that in CV1.06 this commands does not work correctly then when you issue armdownload from CV1.06 it uses this command (armmgr) which does not work as it should. Thus after armdownloading we need to connect to serial port and issue this commands from VFP... and that's why it's additional step here!
Eugeny
Michele (Mike) Alberton
Regular Advisor

Yep,

very good point Eugeny. Ok, I'll proceed as per procedure, thanks !

Mike