New Discussion юеВ

Re: array 12h firmware

SOLVED
Go to solution
Amir Fadaghi
Advisor

array 12h firmware

Hello ;
I need help upgrade my array 12(A3700AD) firmware. I do not have support so I have to do this myself. I am settig this array fresh with no data. The firmware that is on this array is hp26. I have searched the forums and have idea to do this step but, appreciate it if someone could let me kow step by step. There was suggested to make sure a patch PHCO_22101 exists but, when I check HP there is no such a patch. Also, when I checked for firmware there is three files for the most current firmware
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNum=A3700A&prodName=hp+surestore+e+disk+array+12h%28autoraid%29&locale=en_US&taskName=download+drivers+%26+software&taskId=8418&prodSeriesId=33733&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesName=hp+surestore+disk+array+12h#HP-UX 11.x
. Do I need to apply all three and is there seperate step to upgrade disks firmware? If so where do you think I can get the firmware?

I really appreciate the help
reach and touch someone
3 REPLIES 3
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor
Solution

There're 3 different procedures for AutoRAID firmware update.
Each needs unique firmware.
I'll explain the easist and most convenient one.

1. Ensure that at least one LUN should be existed on the disk array, if not, create one using the front panel or SAM.
2. Determine array id using "arraydsp -i".
# arraydsp -i
3. Stop I/O(s)
4. Download firmware.
# /opt/hparray/bin/download -C /path/Model_12H_hp62.fw
5. Verify the updated firmware version.

That is, you need to acquire the firmware written "Model_12H_hp62.fw" on the web rather than others.

For patch,
Check out HP-UX version by typing "uname -a".

Under HP-UX 10.01/10.10/10.20/10.30, PHCO_23261 is required.
If your system is runnig HP-UX 11.0/11.10, the required patch is PHCO_23262 at this moment.

Hope this helps,

Never say "no" first.
Amir Fadaghi
Advisor

thank you very much Insu. It was very help full. I am trying to assign points but, does not let me. the problem I have with this host is once I creat the LUN, VGs, Lvols, filesystems, as soon as I write to the filsystem it corrupts it and I can not do any disks commands like bdf or anything. I get HOST SCSI PARITY ERROR. Subsequently I have to shutdown, go to single user mode fsck all the filesystems. I thought may be it is firmware.
reach and touch someone
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

Hope this is helpful in case if you're still experiencing the same problem.

In the service manual,
Symptom : Host SCSI parity error
Suspected components : Array controller, Host SCSI bus
Description :
A parity error was detected onthe Host SCSI bus. All retries have been exhausted.
This may be caused by an improperly configured SCSI bus. Make sure all cables terminators are installed correctly.

Executing "logprint" at the shell prompt will also help you diagnose what the problem is.
# logprint -a

Good luck,
Never say "no" first.