1748226 Members
4633 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: array is not rebuilding in DL380

Suraj Maskey

array is not rebuilding in DL380

hi,
In my DL380 G4 server, there are 2 HDDs 146.8 G each. Last week my HDD 1 which have scsi id 0 failed there is no activity on the drive. so i replaced it with new one. again there is no activity on hdd. so i replaced Back plane of the server. but till now i'm having same problem. i've OS/2 on in it, so , i'm unable to take any back up. now i rebooted the server and see on ACU it is asking for HDD with ID9 but thre is no place of ID 9.
plz. i can easiely rebuild new array with new 2 HDD. but when i insert the HDD having the OS/2 it againg begain to show the same message and HDD 1 (ID0) has no activity
4 REPLIES 4
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Hi Suraj,

i am afaraid to inform you that in this case you need to recreate the array, I have faced this quiet a times on field, unfortunately no fix till now, You can wait for some more comments but I really doubt any solution for this issue.

Thanks
Andy
Suraj Maskey

hi andy, thanx for your reply

today morning i got down time for the same server, i've checked in ACU. it shows

SCSI ID 1 and ID 9 are in the array.
(where my ID 9 is failed)
SCSI ID 0 on the next . which is inserted in Bay 0 (The acutal should ID 0 and it is same). now i want to delete one ID from ACU but not confirmed which has to be deleted. ID 0 or 9, because i have OS/2 on ID 1. I don't have any backup so plz kindly share me your idea. here i've attached ADU report, i can send ACU snapshot since i've to take logs in offline mode using SS CD.
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Hi Suraj,

I have checked the ADU, nothing much apart from the failure information, also in the disk info the ID 9 Product Rev Unknown
Serial Number Unknown
Last Failure Reason Timeout. Its a false ID. Did you try reseating the drive after it failed?? The system is up right, why cant you take a backup and go ahead with recreating the array.

Andy
Suraj Maskey

Hi andy, thanx for your quick response

I've OS/2 installed on it.
i've no idea to backup for it.
I want to be sure that i'll not loose any data.
if you've any idea to take backup from OS/2 plz kindly share me idea.

if i can not get any backups i'll go for new array creation and installing OS.