1748281 Members
3980 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

auto disk array alert message

dan mcelroy
Occasional Contributor

auto disk array alert message

We have 12H diskarray which works fine for 2 years. Received this message three times in the last two weeks: Any help will be appreciated. We have a K-580 and this is a testbed.

====================================
Thu Jun 27 00:29:28 2002
Array Monitor Daemon
=====================================
Disk array on /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0 at PkMStb1
is processing a hot plug event. Do not remove another disk until the array has finished processing the event.
7 REPLIES 7
Charles McCary
Valued Contributor

Re: auto disk array alert message

Dan, I believe a hotplug event is where a disk has died, and it's replacing it with the hotspare. Can you look at this array for fault lights?
dan mcelroy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the fast repla...Last week I looked and found no fault lights...I will go and look as soon as I am done with this. and let you know.
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

At the surface it looks like you have a disk module going bad and a rebuild is happening on the hot spare. The sure way to determine this is to run "arraydsp" to look at the status of each disk module.
# arraydsp -a
If possible post the output here.
Mike Hassell
Respected Contributor

Dan,

Are there any other error messages that pertain to /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0? This would lead one to believe there is a problem with /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0. I would start by making sure you have a current backup of the data that resides on your 12H array. Then I would see what 'stm' could tell me about /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0. Do you have this drive under a hardware contract? If so, I would go ahead and open a call to see about getting it replaced it indeed it needs to be replaced.

Hope that helps.

-Mike
The network is the computer, yeah I stole it from Sun, so what?
Alexandru_1

hi,

this could be a bad news for your array it is possible to have a failed diks with intermitent failure. Call your HP Support to check the array.
Your message is from "rebuild" process.

dan mcelroy
Occasional Contributor

I agree that I need to open a H/W call for this. I will prob and post info later. Thanks all. Will assign points later.
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Most probably you have a disk failure, and is transferring the data of it on the hot spare, which you smartly enabled.

In that case, you have to replace the faulty drive as soon as the rebuild to the hot spare is ready, and resync the disk from the hot spare.

Preferably get HP to do this for you.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!