7534 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

autopath with VA and volume groups

Thierry DUBOIS
Occasional Contributor

autopath with VA and volume groups

hello,
I installed AutoPath for VA on an HPUX 11.x machien and created several lun and presented them to the server. when i make an ioscan -fnC disk i see the same disk with 2 different paths (the path thrue the first controler and then thrue the second controler) when i use teh autopath display command i see the main path.
When i create a volume group i should use the main path only or i should extend the volume group on the other redundant path?
Because i created a volume group using one path and i made the tests by removing the connection of one then the other controler everything was ok the bdf the cd and the ll command of the volume group but when i restarted the server an error message occured on the volume group so i was obliged to extend the volume group using the alternate path is that a good manipulation or should i make some settings on the autopath.(I don't know what is the role of autopath recover command and how we can integrate it in the boot process as by the user guide)
In Secure Path for EVA it is different since when i make ioscan -fnC disk i see only one virtual path witch is different from the real hardware path and in this case i can create my VG on that unique Path.
Thank you for your advice.