Disk Enclosures
1752721 Members
6599 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

can't manage array (does not show up in tree in CVEVA)

gimre
Visitor

can't manage array (does not show up in tree in CVEVA)

Hi

We have an EVA4000 2C2D setup with a management server connected directly to the controllers through a FibreChannel card. This is working since 2006, maybe 2007.

A couple of months ago the array just disappeared from CVEVA management interface. It did not disappear completely, CVEVA still says that there's one arra connected but it does not show up in the tree on the left. See first attachment.

I tried the following:

- accessing the page from different browsers, accessing it directly from the management server, clearing cache

- checking the connection between server and controllers

- restarting Win2003 server, reinstalling CVEVA 7.0

- restarting both controllers, one by one. (Failover worked like a charm.)

Nothing helped. The storage system is working just fine otherwise, it is connected to an IBM BladeCenter with 10 blades and a bunch of vdisks. Did not observ any performance issues, there were no outages, every possible LED is green on the storage (both controllers and disk bays).

I tried accessing the array through the SSSU, see second attachment. It does see it, it lets me select the system, but nothing else works, every command just times out (at least the "show" commands, I did not try anything else).

Today I installed a fresh Windows2003 Server and CVEVA 7.0 on a blade in said BladeCenter to see if that solves something. When first running CVEVA, the array miraculously appeared, but I got a big red warning that there is another machine managing the array and asked me if I wanted to transfer management to this new machine and blocking the old one. I said OK and the array disappeared from the new CVEVA ...

Also we have another EVA4000, same setup, in another location, installed around the same time, also with CVEVA 7.0 on it and the management is working just fine (it's not linked to this FC network and it has a separate management server).

See 3rd attach for licence on the broken array (at least how the SSSU shows it), and the 4th attach for the license on the second array. The two arrays (should) have the same license.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: can't manage array (does not show up in tree in CVEVA)

Hi

Why are you working with Command View 7.0 as far as I can remember it relies on HP management agents to work

so maybe if it is not installed on HP server it want work

what version of EVA firmware are you on it should be very old

you should try and install command view 9.4

regards

gimre
Visitor

I was going with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I was/I am perfectly satisfied with CVEVA 7, everything worked just fine, and still works fine on another storage system.

I could try with CVEVA 9, is there a link to download it from?

I guess I cannot upgrade the firmware without the management server, right? I'm all for having the latest firmware and software but in this case it's about a storage system with a bunch of servers using it and if it works I'm not really keen on messing with it's firmware.

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

you can download from here

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/searchProducts.do

search for P6000

Regards