1753261 Members
4688 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: determine MSA60 firmware

Charlie Hawkins2
Frequent Advisor

determine MSA60 firmware

How can I determine my MSA60 firmware version? There are are updates that I'm planning to run but would rather know the current version.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from ProLiant Storage Systems to Disk Array. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

Your operating system (??) should have Smart Array utlity installed. Try finding out there or tell us what OS are you using.
Charlie Hawkins2
Frequent Advisor

Windows 2008 R2, and I'm using the Array configuration utility, but that only shows the firmware for the actual controllers(p800/p400). I cannot currently restart the server to check bios.
If the firmware is current version, then I won't need to restart. Hopefully I can find out if it is instead of restarting.
apb
Advisor

Per this:  http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/General/MSA60-Firmware/m-p/6347969

That's one way to check the firmware.  I don't have a system handy to look in ACU to see if the backplanes are showing their versions there.  I recall on one server being able to check the backplane revisions via the HP web management tool, but that might have only been the internal backplanes on the server itself, not on the attached ones.  Still, it's worth a look.