Disk Enclosures
1752625 Members
4311 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

e200i RAID5 // no signs of drive failure. Bay number changes from 6 to 15. Logical array fails.

trinRAID
Occasional Contributor

e200i RAID5 // no signs of drive failure. Bay number changes from 6 to 15. Logical array fails.

I've got an HP ML350 G5 with a Smart Array e200i running Windows 2008 64-bit.  Recently, we've encountered an issue on a storage array (Logical drive 2).  

I've looked into this link, http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Disk-Array/e200i-on-Raid-5-logical-drive-Parity-Initialization-Status-at-0/td-p/5974061#.Utrm8WQo4b1, as initially I was having issues with the Parity Initialization stuck at 'In Progress' and O% in the ADU.  However, I just noticed the array failed, and notice in the physical view that the bay number for one of the drives has changed.  Historically, it's listed as Bay 6, but just changed during failure to Bay 15.  Drive status is still reading as ok.

I'll post a screenshot, along with a copy of a recent ADU config.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1
trinRAID
Occasional Contributor

Re: e200i RAID5 // no signs of drive failure. Bay number changes from 6 to 15. Logical array fails

Just following up here with more info.  It appears the another drive has changed it's bay number..  Currently the bay number is as follows:

Array 1 (seems normal):  

--Bay 1, 2 and 3 as noted during startup

Array 2 (failed)

--Bay 13, 15 and 16.  Drive in Bay 15 has stopped responding.  

Is this pointing to a bad e200i controller?