1748181 Members
4058 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

eva performance~

???_185
Regular Advisor

eva performance~

I'll use eva3000 soon.The configuration is 2C1D. the sum of disk is 1of 10k and 146G.
disk is connected with 2Gb switch.
1. At a appearence, how can I distinguish sata disk and fata.
and, I found disk performance of eva3000 is that Sustained I/O and MB Throughput Up to 141K IOPS and up to 700MB/s throughput per Controller Pair on document.
2. How can I interpret this 141K IOPS AND 700MB/s and if send 1G data same disks, how does it speed per second?

5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: eva performance~

The EVA does not use SATA disk drives - either FC/SCSI or FATA (something like FC/ATA).

Please realize that you will *NEVER* have that performance with just 14 disk drives! You better give use a pointer to that document, because I think I can safely claim that you will *NEVER* be able to reach these values with an EVA3000.
???_185
Regular Advisor

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I have seen them and I still maintain that expecting 141K IOPS AND 700MB/s (the specifications say 335MB) in production use is being unrealistic. I bet both values have been obtained using different, specifically tuned benchmarks making heavily use of the cache.

141000 IOPS / 56 disks ~= 2517 IOPS/disk

Show me a single mechanical disk drive that can deliver that in a real-life situation!

Those values are only good to show how powerful the controller is.
???_185
Regular Advisor

I am so sorry.I don't understand what does
single mechanical disk means?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

What I meant is:
those high IOPS and MB/s values cannot come from physical disk I/O only - there is heavy caching (use of silicon memory inside the controllers) being used.