1752716 Members
5570 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: evaperf -od only creates the headers in the csv files

Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

evaperf -od only creates the headers in the csv files

I'm trying to create a set of performance data csv files for all EVAs managed by a management server. For this reason, I tried the command
evaperf all -cont 180 -dur 3600 -csv -ts2 -od c:\evaperfout

The command automatically creates a folder for each EVA with a friendly name under c:\evaperfout and also creates a csv file for each counter (as, ls, vd etc). However, these files only contain the headers, no actual performance data is written into the files. The output is visible on the console, but I can't very well use the evaperf all -cont 180 -dur 3600 -csv -ts2 -od c:\evaperfout > perf.csv construct. It would defeat the purpose of having a nice seperate set for each array and counter.
8 REPLIES 8
Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

I should probably mention this is Command View 7.01 and these are all EVA8100s running XCS6.110.
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

Looks like you have more than 2 EVAs to collect the data from. EVAPerf is designed to collect from 2 array hence it's expected.

Use "-sz" option to include the 2 EVAs at a time or do it individually. For this option, either you can specify EVA WWN or can use friendly name (displayed on the OCP).

Hope that works.
Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

I tried using -sz to reduce it two EVAs, then just one EVA. No go. It still just creates the headers, but no performance data. I also tried -dur 60 to see if the performance data is written after the end of the run, but no luck there either.

This might be fixed in CV8, can anyone confirm this is the case?
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
maybe you can try to add also the -fo ( filename - write output to filename as well as console):
a) evaperf all -cont 180 -dur 3600 -csv -ts2 -fo -od c:\evaperfout"
or
b) evaperf all -cont 180 -dur 3600 -csv -ts2
-fo -od c:\evaperfout.txt
the pain is one part of the reality
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
certainly without the .txt in the b) option :-)
the pain is one part of the reality
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

Looks like your user permission are not proper. Try using "administrator" account once (even though you may be using equivalent superuser accounts) and see if that makes difference.
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

It may be a bug; Pls also look at the advisory, it may be affecting you too (in some other way).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01461161
Cmorrall
Frequent Advisor

Using "mof" instead of "all" gives exactly the output I expected on the CV server with 3 EVAs. On the CV server with 8 EVAs, it's still no luck, even with the -sz option.