4859 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

evaperf only seeing one EVA

Houghtpj
Advisor

evaperf only seeing one EVA

Hi,

trying to run evaperf hpc -cont 2 -dur 60 but i'm only getting stats back for ports from 1 of our EVA's. EVA's are set up in differnet sites and are connected throguh fabric if it makes any difference.

any ideas?

Paul
4 REPLIES 4
Houghtpj
Advisor

Re: evaperf only seeing one EVA

sorry to explain a little better. When running evaperf -hps -cont 2 -dur 6 i see stats for the ports on the array at our other sites? I've checked the wwn's between evaperf output and CV and its definatley the other array. if i run other evaperf command i see the correct details. i've check fnames.conf but can't see anything obvious.

thanks

Paul.
Joseph Salzer_3
Advisor

What happens when you do "evaperf ls" do all arrays show up?

How about if you manually specify which arrays you want metrics from by using "-sz"? Does this work?

Hope this helps.

-JS

Houghtpj
Advisor

Hi,

If i use the -sz switch nothing is returned. If i run evaperf -vdg -cont 2 -dur 60 -sz array ARRAYNAME i get the correct disk group stats returned for the EVA I'm connected to.

If i use Windows perfmon and look at the port stats again I see the ports on the EVA at our other site. If i connect to the EVA at other site and run evaperf hps i see the correct local port stats.
Houghtpj
Advisor

wonder if this is my problem seems very similar. we are on XCS 6110
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01461161