Disk Enclosures
1753795 Members
6789 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp embedded sata raid - status keeps reverting to "verify"

rondertaker_1

hp embedded sata raid - status keeps reverting to "verify"

we've just set up 5 dl140 G3s. the servers all contain 2 500g seagates in a raid 1 array. several of them have had issues with bad SATA cables but those were easily fixed by replacing the cable and rebuilding the array.

yesterday one of the servers started experiencing massively sluggish boot times and performance (win2k server). at this point, because of the problems with HPs sata cables in my other dl140s i swapped in two brand new cables.

i noticed after a reboot that the raid status was listed as "verify" so i used the verify function in the raid controller boot menu. when complete it indicated that it had found and fixed several errors, and the array status was now listed as "optimal" so i attempted to boot into windows again. the sluggish performance (up to a 2 minute wait after double-clicking an icon before any results) was still there. rebooted again, the array status was back to "verify".

at the moment i am in the middle of "verifying" the raid again, but i have a suspicion that because it didnt work before, doing it again wont solve the problem. once the verification completes i plan to rebuild the array and see if that has any effect. if anyone has any ideas on what could be causing this issue or how to proceed, i would appreciate it. my first priority is to recover the data from the raid.
2 REPLIES 2
rondertaker_1

Re: hp embedded sata raid - status keeps reverting to "verify"

update: this time after verification completed, the machine booted windows normally and i am currently backing up the data. i am obviously still wary about the stability of the server and i guess i'll be putting in a service call to HP about it.

i would still appreciate any feedback from other users that might shed some light on whats up with this machine.
StephenRJr

Re: hp embedded sata raid - status keeps reverting to "verify"

Hi rondertaker,

I am expereicing some performance issues on ML150 G3 units configured with embedded SATA controller mirroring.

Did you find an answer to the constant "verify" situation?

-Stephen