Disk Enclosures
1752815 Members
5715 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: installing new drives ( x2 )

Taner_1

installing new drives ( x2 )

im using a ml370 server it as 2x 18.6 scsi ultra3 drives running raid1+0 . i bought 2x72gb u320 discs so i want to use them as raid 1+0 too. i mounted new discs to 3rd and 4th ports. bios recognized it well and in compaq configuration migration gone well so i can see them as :
ARRAY A
|_____ 17359 MB, Raid 1+0, Logical Drive1

ARRAY B
|_____ 69459 MB, Raid 1+0, Logical Drive2

seems ok.. the problem is what to do next to use my new discs as one? in computer management i tried to create partition ok it makes it but i cant still use them as a disc ?? ( cant see a new disc in "my computer")

7 REPLIES 7
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It sounds like you want to create what is sometimes called a 'volume set', but I cannot tell you if this is possible/ a good idea if you boot from logical drive 1.
Taner_1

the situation is , i only want to use them as new disc.. just when i click on my computer i want to see a new volume. thats it. so how to :( ?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

So you have the problem that no drive letter is assigned to logical drive 2? Are you running Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition? Have you tried to manually assign a drive letter?
Taner_1

hi. i am running windows 2000 Server. Now i can see the volume in Disk management.I created a primary partition and formatted this drive.i assigned as (H: ).. but still no volume in "my computer".. ( so do i have to reboot , cause so many clients works on it.)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Did you try it from the local login or via a remote (terminal server) connection? If the second, try to login again.
Taner_1

Bingo ! what you say is wright.. i already made it right but didnt log-out :) . i log-off and log-in then i see new volume is working completely.. thank you very much..!
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Sigh, yes, that is one of the problems with the terminal services :-(
Glad you got it working, though!