108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: model 20 disk array

SOLVED
Go to solution
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

model 20 disk array

where is the information obtainable from, to upgrade the firmware on a model 10/20 disk array?
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Malvin:
You can only get firmware upgrades for your model 10/20 controllers through your HP Customer Engineer. They would also need to identify if you have "phoenix" or "sauna" controllers, and the mechanism types, to determine the impact of updating firmware to your array.
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

If you've got a sauna storage processor you should upgrade to the phoenix and get a 2x perf increase straight away. The sauna boards have an Enable/Disable switch on them. The phoenix are hot-pluggable. You can find out from STM if you doo a tools-info-run on the sp hardware path. It'll tell you what f/w you currently have. Be carefull selecting f/w that you d/l the correct f/w for your sp to the array or the array will be non-bootable until you replace the sps.
ie if the microcode is 8.something d/load another 8.something and not a 1.7something to the sp.

Normally you can get most f/w from here, although I haven't found the nike/model20/sauna/phoenix f/w so you should call your support guys.

http://europe-support2.external.hp.com/wpsl/bin/doc.pl/screen=wpslSrchpatches/sid=1f99803015bbbab575?OS=Firmware

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)