Disk Enclosures
1748209 Members
2814 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

monitor disk array on server

monitor disk array on server

Hi,

I want to monitor strage by using free software, swatch.
To do that, event, error and something like that on strage need to be written into system log of server.
So please tell the way.

Assumption:
(Strage)HP MSA500G2, MSA60
(Server)HP DL585G2
(OS)Red Hat

Thank you very much in advance.
BR//Ryo
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: monitor disk array on server

Install ProLiant Support Pack for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, it contains drivers and agents that monitor the hardware and log any related event.
It will also install System Management Homepage that will allow you to see the hardware status in real time.
Maarten Kratz

Ehm, about that "Install ProLiant Support Pack for Red Hat Enterprise Linux" sentence... Suppose we run neither Redhat nor Novell linux, but Debian or any other non-RPM based Linux flavor? And without X11 I might add.

Are we then "Sorry out of luck" with the range of HP storage arrays ? Because that would most certainly strongly influence our purchasing decisions.

I don't understand why you couldn't just ship a driver that simply reports to a /proc entry, without a full GUI, intolerable dependencies on obscure X11-related libs and bells and whistles no-one requires nor wants. Just an easily-parseable thus scriptable interface is what is required.

Thanks for listening,
Maarten
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Maarten,

You'll find details for status of Debian here:

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/433096-0-0-0-121.html

Cheers,

Rob