1752781 Members
6319 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: netraid 3si clustering support

Aaron Beckstrom
Occasional Contributor

netraid 3si clustering support

I am having problems getting the MS cluster service to install so i am veryfying my hardware config.
When booting my netraid 3-si card is saying cluster=Not Supported. How do I change this? I could not find a BIOS option. I AM running the latest Firmware, I just dowloaded it this week and flashed it.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Are you running NT or Windows 2000? You need a special firmware revision for the 3si to cluster and then there will be an option you can turn on when you go into Netraid express via the ctrl-M.

The firmware needed for MSCS for either NT or W2K is W.01.30. Do you have that version?

The cluster support files are not available for general download, including the firmware for clustering. You have to be an HP certified cluster installer and have the password to get to the Certified Installers area, where all of the software, drivers, and firmware are located. There are also very specific config guidelines that must be followed such as which slots to put the cards in, etc and all of that information is at the Certified Installers site as well. If you have access to that, great. If not, you will need to contact your HP rep or 3rd party rep that is cluster certified and have them get the cluster installed for you.

This URL might help you out too.

http://netserver.hp.com/netserver/products/install_ms-clusters.asp

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes
Aaron Beckstrom
Occasional Contributor

The firmware I am running is C.02.03 ... Is that adequate? Under what menu is the cluster configuration option? I am running Windows 2000.
I purchased the systems through micron PC, they did not indicate that I could not set them up myself. They knew exactly what purpose I was purchasing the system for and have not provided me with any special firmware.
The systems came with all the hardware installed. The cards are in the right slot, I believe. I have been through all the configuration guides and have the proper setup. The system disk is NOT on the RAID card.
The disks work fine until I configure the cluster on the first node. When the service fails to start during installation, the disks are no longer available from that point on. After I initialize them I can map them with drive letters again and they are available. It seems to be the cluster service that kills them.
I have an incident in with Micron, they are taking forever getting back to me so that is why I am researching the drivers, just to see if i can make any progress.

Thanks for your reply...
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor

Hello,

No, you must have version W.01.30 for clustering. Once you upgrade the firmware, the option to turn on clustering is accessed via NetRaid Express Tools - press ctrl-M when the Netraid is posting. From the Netraid Main (Management) Menu, choose Objects - Adapter - you will see the cluster option under Adapter.

Perhaps your reseller is cluster certified and can download the firmware for you. If not, there is a list of HP certified cluster installers that you can call at the page below. You can also purchase a cluster installation support pack from your reseller (HP part # H5757A), and an HP engineer will go onsite and install your cluster for you. The description of that product is also at this page.

http://netserver.hp.com/netserver/products/install_ms-clusters.asp

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes
Dnack
Occasional Advisor

Hi when i go into the Cluster installer corner, i managed to get the HP NetRAID-4M and RS/12 Cluster service Install Guide but i need 3si guide
Anyone know where to get 3SI cluster installation guide? by the way, what are the tools that can be used to configure a cluster shared quorum for 3si? something similar to FAST for 4M card?
Larry Davis_1
Advisor

I think both of you would be best off calling HP's tech support. I am pretty sure the cluster firmware is public. As for the 3si cluster install guide...it seems since HP went to the 4M they ditched a lot of the 3si documents that were previously easily available on their site. I'm sure one of their support techs would be helpful and find the info for you.
"Go Big Or Don't Go At All"