New Discussion юеВ

Re: no response from ARMserver, NIKE model 20, Unix 10.20

SOLVED
Go to solution
Victor_5
Trusted Contributor

no response from ARMserver, NIKE model 20, Unix 10.20

Hi,

I am using NIKE model 20 on HP-UX 10.20, I am trying to view the configuration about disk array, I can use SAM to do so, but I got a message when I use
# arraydsp -a /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0

The ARMserver did not respned. It may not be running or it may still be in the process of initalizing.

Who can tell me what is the reason? Thanks a lot.
4 REPLIES 4
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Check /opt/hparray/bin/amlog
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor
Solution

The command "arraydsp" is designed for HP AutoRAID disk array, not for NIKE disk array.
ARMServer will run in the background at startup and respond to the commands located in /opt/hparray/bin if AutoRAID is connected to the system.

If you'd like to see how NIKE disk array is configured, try to use cstm, mstm, xstm.
Mark one of the NIKE items and run information.

Best regards,
Never say "no" first.
Anthony deRito
Respected Contributor

Shawn, use sam to do this. Go into the disk section and double click on the target address for the controller. You will be presented with a nice graphical picture of your NIKE. You can also use Gridmanager by plugging a terminal into the serial port on the back of the NIKE.

Good luck,

Tony
Victor_5
Trusted Contributor

Many thanks to all of you.

Actually, I think stm is a good tool to do so, I can get some information through SAM, but I found the information is not enough. On the other hand, I found psconfig is a good tool too.

Have a nice weekend.