108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: pairresync commands

SOLVED
Go to solution
ALMGRP
Advisor

pairresync commands

Hopefully a quick query relating to pairsplit and pairresync. In my evironment, I have Production and DR hardware with replicated disk on an XP20000, two different server rooms. In the event of a Production host hardware failure, I perform a pair split and bring up the DR hardware to allow Production to continue. The horcm instances are running across different server rooms. Once the Production kit is repaired, in order to resync the changes from the DR disks back to the Production disks and, I need to perform a pairresync, however the query I have is which horcm instance do I run this from and which swap command do I use, swapp or swaps. This came up recently and I wanted to clairfy the steps. Maybe there is a more straight forward way to perform this task.
5 REPLIES 5
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

it will be pairsync-swaps
ALMGRP
Advisor

Is the swaps option ran from the horcm PVOL (Production side) or from the horcm SVOL (DR side).

Thanks
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor
Solution

the pair resync needs to be run from the DR site as it has the updated data
when you run the swapp, from a PVOL site , it becomes SVOL
when you run SWAPS from a SVOL , it becomes a PVOL
ALMGRP
Advisor

This will leave the DR side as a P-Vol.
How do we then get our production side back as the P-vol and back to normal operation?
Steven Ruby
Occasional Advisor

IF you run pairresync -swaps from the SVOL side which it sounds like was your original primary site it will sync the data and then make the SVOL the PVOL