New Discussion

part two of Oracle database confiruation on a 12H array

SOLVED
Go to solution
ALH
Occasional Advisor

part two of Oracle database confiruation on a 12H array

As addition to the former question:

I MUST PUT all of my database files on the autoraid (12H)(even the redo logs and archive files). I have no other disk capacity available and i can?t buy extra disks now. So, what is the answer to my two questions if this situation exists.

Cees Wielink
Netherlands
1 REPLY 1
Jim Mulshine
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: part two of Oracle database confiruation on a 12H array

I've got an Oracle database installed on a volume group consisting of 6 LUNs spread over 3 AutoRAIDs. The two LUNs per AutoRAID have crossed Primary/Alternate paths. While some LUNs have both tables and indexes, tables are on separate LUNs (and primary paths) and even separate AutoRAIDs (in some cases) than their own indexes. The tables/indexes were placed strategically so that each of 5 LUNs has a good mix of highly and lowly accessed data. Six redo logs are on 2 LUNS (2 different primary paths) and are placed so that redo log files 1,3,5 are on the first LUN and redo log files 2,4,6 are on the second LUN. A logical volume with a filesystem for archive log files is placed on a different LUN than the redo log files and tables/indexes. A rollback segment data file and some other filesystems (sometimes used for exports) are also located on this LUN.