1752661 Members
5867 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: problems running raidscan

Mark Harshman_1
Regular Advisor

problems running raidscan

I am running raidscan in order to get the TID and LU information on some LUNS i am adding to my business copy. The LUNS i have added are not showing up using raidscan for some reason (raidscan -p port_name -fx ). I've used this before with no problem, and the matching LUN shows up fine when i run it on the other server. I know the LUNs are there..i've alreaded added them to the VG. Any ideas why i cannot see them thru raidscan? this is on a HP system running HPUX 11.11. thanks
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
3 REPLIES 3
Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

How your ioscan -fnC disk | raidscan -fx goes..

Then catch on port name and do..

raidscan -fx -p port name..

Hope this helps
Prashant
"Intellect distinguishes between the possible and the impossible; reason distinguishes between the sensible and the senseless. Even the possible can be senseless."
Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

# raidqry -l

The Raid Manager software must be at least revision 01.02.03 and the firmware must be at least revision C.

To get a list of the available devices on the disk arrays, use the command

# raidscan

This command must be invoked separately for each host interface connection to the disk array. For example, if there are two Fibre Channel host adapters, you might use the commands:

# raidscan -p CL1-A

# raidscan -p CL1-B
"Intellect distinguishes between the possible and the impossible; reason distinguishes between the sensible and the senseless. Even the possible can be senseless."
Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

export HORCMINST=

# raidqry -l

The Raid Manager software must be at least revision 01.02.03 and the firmware must be at least revision C.

To get a list of the available devices on the disk arrays, use the command

# raidscan

This command must be invoked separately for each host interface connection to the disk array. For example, if there are two Fibre Channel host adapters, you might use the commands:

# raidscan -p CL1-A

# raidscan -p CL1-B