Disk Enclosures
1752492 Members
5446 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

"Background Parity Initialization is queued or in progress..." on SA Clustered Storage controller

Paul_637
Regular Advisor

"Background Parity Initialization is queued or in progress..." on SA Clustered Storage controller

We have a DL380 G2 packaged cluster with a few arrays configured on it. One in particular, made up of 3 x 73Gb drives, we are looking to upgrade with 3 x 146Gb drives by swapping one disk out at a time, letting the array rebuild itself and ultimately expanding the logical drive into the unused space.

However, we have the above message on it when viewed through ACU although I'm not sure how long it's been there, but it's been at least a couple of weeks.

It /may/ have been there since the array was built within the cluster (judging by at least one similar such post I've read whilst researching the issue) as this array hosts the Quorum resource.

The only thing that makes me second-guess this is that we also have another packaged cluster (DL380 G3 with MSA500) which doesn't exhibit this issue, although the former is Win2k and the later is Win2k3.

So, is it safe for me to replace the drives? It should be clear that the array is being rebuilt shouldn't it (i.e. to work out when it's safe to replace the next drive).

Any assistance appreciated.

Regards,

Paul