Go to solution
Taurian
Valued Contributor

"spmgr prefer" command not found

Hi fellas,

I am having an issue with Secure Path. The version I am using is listed below:

-------------------
AGSDB:[/]# swlist | grep "Secure Path"
CPQswsp A.3.0E.00F.00F HP StorageWorks Secure Path Device Driver and utilities for HSx class of Disk Arrays
-------------------

The problem is that I cannot find the "spmgr prefer" command. Please see the "usage" of the command in the attached file. The prefer and unprefer commands are not listed. Plus, I am also unable to find the kmadmin, update and config commands. The update command I understand is obsolete after v3.0D. But why can't I find the other commands?

I need to make a path persistent. I have made the controller to be preferred from the Command View EVA, but I am unable to prefer the path due to unavailibility of the commands. Please guide me what the issue might be.
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: "spmgr prefer" command not found

>The problem is that I cannot find the "spmgr prefer" command.

Assuming the usage is accurate, they don't exist.

>unable to find the kmadmin, update and config commands.

The same with those. Unless they are other executables in the same path as spmgr. What does "whence spmgr" show? Look there for other executables.
Taurian
Valued Contributor

Re: "spmgr prefer" command not found

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply.

> Assuming the usage is accurate, they don't exist.

What other way is there to make a particular path persistent? As I can activate the desired path via the "select" command, and the path works fine. But after reboot of the machine, the active path switches back to the undesired path.

> The same with those. Unless they are other executables in the same path as spmgr. What does "whence spmgr" show? Look there for other executables.

I don't have immediate access to the machine. But the man spmgr command shows:

-------------------
AGSDB:[/]# man spmgr

spmgr(1M) Secure Path V3.0E spmgr(1M)
September 2004

NAME
spmgr - Secure Path Management Utility

SYNOPSIS
/sbin/spmgr add WWLUNID [target LUN] | -r WWNN all
-------------------