108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

raid manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
Javier Ortiz Guajardo
Frequent Advisor

raid manager

we have a xp512 disk array with bussiness copy (raid manager).

we made a split disk with bussiness copy and startup a database with the disk from bussiness copy, we do this to check the consistence (no often) of the database, then we resync the disks with the raid manager software.

The question is, will be necessary create the pairs from the beginning?
the resync option copy all the disk to the bussiness copy disk if we made a modification to the bussiness copy disk when we do the split disk and start up the database?
i hope you undrstand what i mean!
if you kwon where can i find information about how bussiness copy works, and comments about it, i appreciate.

Thanks
The obstacles are those things that the people see when they left to see their goals.
2 REPLIES 2
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Re: raid manager

No, you shouldnt need to copy the pairs from the beginning. All you need to do is a resync - this compares tracks on the original and copy and only copies those that have changed. We use them all the time.

For more documentation checkout www.docs.hp.com
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: raid manager

No, you shouldnt need to copy the pairs from the beginning. All you need to do is a resync - this compares tracks on the original and copy and only copies those that have changed - then split them again and mount on the backup machine. We use them all the time.

For more documentation checkout www.docs.hp.com
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...