1752713 Members
5809 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

redundant 3200ES showing errors

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

redundant 3200ES showing errors

We have a proliant 7000 with two Smart 3200ES array controllers. These were original setup as a primary and backup (i was involved at the time). I am just after some advice about whether in CIM the server should show as RED because the backup Array shows as powered off? I believe that the pair are not working correctly, can someone please confirm this....
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: redundant 3200ES showing errors

The Array Configuration Utility should show if they are redundant or not. Try looking at that and let me know what you find.

Have a nice day,

Mike
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Further to the this, let me give more information. We have 2 Proliant 7000 in a HA solution. Both have the same hardware configs, and are attached to StorageWorks 12000. They have 2 ES3200 in them, which were configured in a redundant mode (I WASN'T INVOLVED!). On boot, the server takes at least 15 minutes to inialize the array controllers, on which a 1722 error appears and says interconnect error - not redundant. The other controller has a 1783 error, which basically is a controller failure. Every other time, the first array controller with the 1722 error also has the same error as the other one and fails on a 1783. This has been happening since the system was put in (very unprofessional) and happens on BOTH servers!! So, I would VERY surprised if all the hardware is faulty.... could ROM'ming the server and the array controllers be the key???
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That would be my first step, upgrading the ROM's on the servers and the array controllers. The firmware for the 3100ES array controllers will be found in SP16371. SP13059 will be the firmware for your PL7000. Please try this and give me an update.

Have a nice day,

Mike
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have now upgarded the ROM's in the controllers. Unfortunately, this has made no difference... the fact that 2 Redundant controllers couldn't even be ROM'ed due to the fact that the Rom pack couldn't even find them!!! Any known problems with the 64 bit extended PCI bus? I dont think that the cards are faulty, but I wont rule it out!