1752605 Members
4919 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

server hangs

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

server hangs

my proliant 1600 server ( havig 5x4.3 gb configured as raid 5)hung intermittently at times.i diagnosed that one of the 4.3 gb (wide ultra 10 k scsi ) drives had given an error in the insight manager and took out the said drive .the server worked well for 7 days without hanging. i then replaced it with a 9.1 gb (wide ultra and 10k), but that drive failed within 2 hrs and hence a new 9.1 gb was used which too failed . in the meanwhile the server has started to hang again at intermittent times .i suspected something and checked this failed 9.1 gb on another system it workes fine . now i suspect the drive array cage but no error is reported in the inspect or test diagnostics also i get an error in the advanced array diag. utility ,the error mentions that the 9.1 gb drive has failed and array accelerater memory has 25 parityread errors.( insight manager reports array controller status as O.K)
can i know what is the cause of server hang ..the array controller or the drive cage.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: server hangs

I suspect the problem to be with the array controller, but more information is required. What model array controller are we using and its firm ware revision? Is the BOOS up to date, as well as the version of CM? Is there an amber light on the drive or are their any errors during POST?