1753454 Members
6145 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: smart array 6i priority question

SOLVED
Go to solution

smart array 6i priority question

We have a DL380 G4 with a Smart Array 6i (FW v2.84). When I open the Array Configuration Utility; physical view; controller settings I see 2 priority choices: transformation priority and rebuild priority.

What is "transformation priority"? I've searched ITRC/HP/Google and found nothing. I know what "rebuild priority" is though.

Anyone have any clues as to transformation?
thanks...
4 REPLIES 4
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

well I can't see it in the documentation for ACU or 6i, do you have the option for Expand priority, if not then it's probably the new name for that. it sets the priority for array expansion.

Larry -- I think you might be right.? I checked the manual too and couldn't find anything. I've included the screen-shot if anyone else wants to see what we're talking about.
Lai Chen Kang
Occasional Advisor

Changing the stripe size?
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

According to Array Configuration Utility 7.61.2.0 it is Expand Priority.
it must be new name of it.
>>
The first option is to select the desired Expand priority.

High
This radio button allows expansion to be performed at the expense of normal I/O. This option will allow the expansion to complete the fastest.

Medium
This radio button allows expansion to be performed with some impact on normal I/O.

Low
This radio button allows expansion to be performed only when normal I/O is not occurring. This option will cause the expansion to take the most time.

Note: As you increase the Expand Priority setting, requests from the operating system are serviced more slowly. Also, depending upon the type of Array Controller you are configuring, the Expand Priority section may not be available.