5279 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: unable to configure 6402 array controller in ML530 G2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Frazer

unable to configure 6402 array controller in ML530 G2

I have a new ML530 G2 w/ a 6402/128 array controller running Netware 6.5. When the server boots up, I get an error message 1785-Slot 3 Drive Array Not Configured. When I use the Smart Start CD ver6.40 and go into the ACU, it sees the controller, but won't let me configure it. When you look at the Status Messages, you get the following: No Support Drives attached, data cable bad connection, drives have duplicate SCSI IDs, external power is off, and OS array controller driver is missing.

I'm hoping someone has the solution. I haven't built a server in a long time and need to get this one up as we have no backups at this time. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Mike
2 REPLIES 2
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Mike,

can you get into the F8 Setup of the Array Controller? Can you see any drives there?
Are the disks in the internal drive cages or in an external box?
I've just recently configured 3 ML530s with 6402 Array contollers and internal disks, and I found it very awkward with the internal cabling. You say the ML530 is new. An ML530 G2 straight out of the box has the internal drive cages connected to the onboard SCSI Controller. You have to disconnect the cables from there, and connect them to the Array Controller (Blue to Ch1, Yellow to Ch2). The Yellow-marked cable was a bit on the short side, which made it awkward.

Regards,

Stephen
Michael Frazer

You hit the nail on the head! Thanks a ton!

Mike