Disk Enclosures
1753701 Members
4863 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: va7410 's single path warning(high points assigned)

SOLVED
Go to solution
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

there is a possibility the backplane could be the culprit but i would leave that as the last option. either you try unplug the disk M/D13 again or replace it with another new disk. You don't have slot for M/D8 ?
Owen_15
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Stephen,

I would attempt to try one more disk in slot M/D13 just in case your replacement disk was faulty again. I know it's a bit of a long shot, but the replacement of the midplane of the controller is a large change.

The midplace can definitely go faulty on one path to one disk and not on the others. There is bypass circuitry that will stop communication on the broken path out to the disk that will allow the rest of the loop to continue to operate.

As this is the midplane of the main controller, you need to be very careful about replacing this as it contains a little chip that holds the WWN of the array. This WWN is also stored in the controllers of the VA. When you plug the controllers back in with the new mid plane, it will go through a process of changing the WWN on the chip to what it was before, if this process fails, it will take on the WWN of the chip on the midplane, and it will not be the same. This will invalidate all your licensing which is tied to the WWN.

The main thing to remember when changing the mid plane, is to NOT remove the batteries from the controllers whilst you are completing the midplane replacement.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Owen
stephen peng
Valued Contributor

dear all,
i've replaced M/D13 twice,and slot 8 is just a fault slot, i am sure about this.

thank you
Ankit Kr Gupta
Advisor

hi all,
i am also facing same problem with my VA7110. In my VA, disk 10 is faulty & giving same warning. If you or any one resolved this issue, plz tell me.

Ankit
Ankit Kr Gupta
Advisor

my problem of this warning is resolved after reboot the VA.

Thanks
Ankit