108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vgchgid equivalent under AIX?

SOLVED
Go to solution
J.C. Sepp_1
Occasional Contributor

vgchgid equivalent under AIX?

When I split a Business Copy pair I can use the secondary under HP-UX with the command vgchgid.

We try to get the same results from an AIX host attached to an XP-512. What could be the AIX equivalent command for vgchgid?

Tia,

Jan Sepp
There are 10 kinds of programmers: those who understand binary and those who don't (Shawn Powers)
5 REPLIES 5
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

chidvg
just a guess!!
I just noticed that lvm under AIX seems to put the pv, vg and lv at the end of the equivalent hp-ux command..!

Try searching on the ibm site for a hp-ux to aix equivalency command.. there is one on the hp site for hp-ux to solaris but not aix...

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
J.C. Sepp_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Bill, but no joy. We tried chgidvg, but it does not exist.

We also tried the AIX command redefineVG, but that does not seem to work either. It seems to be more or less equivalent to the HP-UX command vgscan.

Yes, we can try and find a HP-UX / AIX equivalency file. Any suggestions, anyone?

Jan
There are 10 kinds of programmers: those who understand binary and those who don't (Shawn Powers)
Petr Cerny
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hello Jan,

unfortunately, vgchgid equvalent for AIX doesn't exist, because AIX is using different "LVM" philosophy than HP-UX. You have no chance to import data / volumegroups on AIX from S-vols after splitting BC pairs.

hopefully this helps,

Petr Cerny
Janet  LaPierre

AIX 4.3.3 update 6 command
???RecreateVG???, which will change the vgid of a BCV AIX VolGrp.
This allows you to import a BCV group to the M1 host on AIX.
Janet  LaPierre

AIX 4.3.3 update 6 command
???RecreateVG???, which will change vgid of the AIX VolGrp.
This allows us to import a BCV group to the M1 host on AIX.