StoreOnce Backup Storage
1753521 Members
5007 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: D2D 4009i G1 0 Updated firmware to 1.2.17 successfully, but devices fail to start

AdamCollissUK

D2D 4009i G1 0 Updated firmware to 1.2.17 successfully, but devices fail to start

Hi

I have upgraded the firmware on a D2D 4009i to 1.2.17, which appeared to be successful, but on reboot all Devices fail to start and under Virtual Tape Devices all Devices show as 'manager processing with a yellow exclamation mark'. The D2D is linked via iSCSI.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Network Attached Storage (NAS) > Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Enterprise) >to Disk-Based Backup. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
AdamCollissUK

Re: D2D 4009i G1 0 Updated firmware to 1.2.17 successfully, but devices fail to start

Quick update - after 30 minutes or so, the Device status under Virtual Tape Devices changes from 'Manager Processing' to 'Failed to Start'
AdamCollissUK

... And then flip back to 'Manager Processing'!
ALato
Advisor

I had the same problem today: it took 3 hours of "manager processing" and "Load failed" status before the VTLs went back online by themselves.

It seems the system is making some checks: if you try to shutdown while VTLs are down the status remains "Stopping" for a while.

I decided after an hour to power off my D2D with no luck (probably getting all worse...)

So my advice is.... be patient!

I read that 1.2.17 solves a problem of slow VTL startup, I am still on 1.2.13 but I will upgrade soon