5638 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

D2D 4112 iSCSI Configuration and DP 6.11

Mecit
Occasional Advisor

D2D 4112 iSCSI Configuration and DP 6.11

hi all;

Can you please advise me and how to implement a backup solution for D2D 4112 iSCSI with DP 6.11 integration. Here are the details of the h/w configuration:

1 x D2D 4112
1 x MSL 4048 FC Library
1 x DP 6.11 (with 10 TB Adv. Lic and other licenses (Online v.s.))
12 x ESX 4.1 Servers
1 x vCenter
1xEVA 4400

we consider to backup windows and linux virtual machines to D2D 4112 over iSCSI and then export to MSL 4048 FC Library that connected directly to D2D 4112 fiber ports.Also, the topology we considered is attached. is this a possible config to work properly?

We have not enough fiber ports on our SAN Switches.therefore, we want to use iscsi ports of D2D and connect MSL 4048 FC Library directly to.

we would like to know which would be recommended and best config for our backup solution.

we cannot find any detailed D2D 4112 used iSCSI ports and DP 6.11 integration documents or guides.

we wait your advise or doc and guide links!

best regards
M.Y
5 REPLIES 5
Mecit
Occasional Advisor

Re: D2D 4112 iSCSI Configuration and DP 6.11

Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

Its not really a data protector integration issue.

1. Setup the D2D 4112 as a tape library that is compatible with a data protector backup node.

Since I do not think that vmware is a supported backup node you will need a windows or linux system to see the tape library.

Run your vmware backups to the Tape library using the vmware integration through a windows or linux backup nodes

(maybe there is a disk agent or media agent for vmware..I did not think there was one)

Then configure you D2D node for automigration to tape using the MSL library

Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I would recommend to attach D2D and MSL to the FC fabric. The Backupserver should see both devices. Configure you DP to backup the VMware guests by using the vStorage API (VMware Integration). Backup to you D2D and do a copy job later to the MSL.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Mecit
Occasional Advisor

We cannot use FC fabric because of there isn't any available SAN Switch port. Therefore, we consider using of iSCSI and connect msl 4048 fc library directly to d2d or backup server. isn't it possible?
LE BOUCHE

Hello,
You can now present a virtual tape directly to a vm using iscsi.

For backing up complete vm, use VEPA integration (white paper) using a backup server on SAN. No need to install agent on ESXs or virtual Center. one Licence online backup for each esx and the virtual center.

http://www.hp.com/go/dataprotector

Best Regards,