StoreOnce Backup Storage
1753795 Members
6897 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

D2D2503i After new firmware, sticks on status Initializing...

CSI Robert Olson
Occasional Contributor

D2D2503i After new firmware, sticks on status Initializing...

We have a D2D2503i that was running fine with firmware 101.038, but after upgrading the firmware to 101.746, everything seems fine, but the main page Status sticks on Initializing and none of the library devices can be contacted and state they are Offline. The main status is ?. There are no errors in the logs or other indications on the pages. We have 2 boxes, and this was a box we took out of production to re-init and upgrade. I have tried removing all configured libraries, reset to initialized state (where it re-formats raid). I have let it run days in this mode. It seems like the disks just don't stop activity (even after the raid is finished with parity task), even though nothing has been backed up to them. I did finally re-install the older 101.038 firmware (it let me) and it now can perform backups, but I noticed that the unit's serial number is blank. If I download a support ticket and look at the files, all looks normal except the Production.txt file it is blank except for the build date (no serial numbers like our other one). The other status are Green. I have checked the serial and product numbers using the setsys utility and they match the sticker, and there are not any warnings of invalid bios or machine type.

Any suggestions on getting the newest firmware working?

Would I need to get a new flashstick / firmware?

Is there a way to re-set the serial number in the web page?