StoreOnce Backup Storage
1754014 Members
7730 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Trouble Installing VLS12000 EVA6400 gateway

Poncho_SWD

Trouble Installing VLS12000 EVA6400 gateway

Hi everybody, I├в m Installing a new VLS12000 with an EVA6400.
Everything is going fine until I need to add a secondary node.

I jus check all the cables and look fine.
Here is what I├в ve done.

I turn on the node 0 (master) and the emulation start, from mi servers I can see the drives and everything is going fine.
Then I turn on the secondary node and when it ask to me if is master or slave I type S (slave) and start to check the cables and all those things but it stops when "Waiting for master ..." legend is displayed in the screen, after that I go to the master node on Command View VLS and from the options I click on Add Node wizard but then nothing happed.

Is there something I├в m missing??
Do I need any license to add a secondary node??
What could be the reason?
Please if you can help me will be great.

Thanks a lot.
2 REPLIES 2
Kevin Collins_11
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

It sounds like a possible cabling issue with the network switches and the secondary node, beyond that, it would take further investigation and I would recommend that you open an escalation call.

Regards,

Kevin
Kevin Collins_11
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

It sounds like you're going down this path but these instructions may be helpful as well.

Regards,

Kevin
**********-

Configuring the Secondary Nodes 1 through 7
To configure the secondary nodes (nodes 1 through 7):
1. On the secondary node, connect to the serial port or use the keyboard and mouse ports to connect to a console.
2. Power on the primary node and all previously installed secondary nodes of the VLS.
3. Power on the secondary node being added to the VLS.
After several minutes, a menu will appear on your monitor asking whether the node is a primary (master, m) or secondary (slave, s) node.
4. Enter s.
5. At the prompt, enter the node number (next sequential node number).
The node will then run cable checks and configuration checks, display the world wide part number (WWPN), then reboot automatically.